A further extract from Revd. Henry Stapleton’s history of the Church – link to the full article
Archbishop Sharpe’s Manuscript mentions a ‘little house and yard’ belonging to the benefice and this is probably the predecessor of the house South of the Churchyard now called “Ashley Cottage” and still Glebe property. This was known as the ‘Parsonage House’ in 1818 in which year it was also declared by the Diocese as being unfit for residence.
The White House on the Everingham Road was built in 1826 according to William Watson’s Notebooks and it is therefore hard to account for the declaration of the unfitness of the parsonage in 1834. For this building was known as the “Vicarage” in Mr. Terry’s time.
However an examination of the livings held by the Curates shows that very few appear to have lived in the village. Perhaps those prior to Thomas Brittan may have lived here. But in the 17th Century, William Squire was at Bubwith, Peter Hammond, Everingham; Joseph Blande, Harswell, Edward Carver, Harthill. In the 18th Century William Dunn lived at Aughton, John Drake, Richard Dunn and (?) William Baskett, Pocklington: Robert Robinson, Harswell. In the 19th Century Thomas Brown was never here; William Alderson was Curate of Holme-on-Spalding Moor, which leaves Nicholas Bourne and John Ponsonby as possible residents.
Mr. Terry no doubt lived in the White House 1839-1853, perhaps letting his assistants use the house till he returned from his various other curacies in 1863, although his address in a Directory of 1865 is given as New Street, Pocklington. Charles and Edmund Atkinson and George Deane lived at Harswell Rectory.
From 1931 Everingham Rectory has been the home of the Vicars of this now combined parish.
Continue to the next section – The Pattern of Worship
 Built in 1800, Ashley Cottage fell into disrepair, was demolished and rebuilt in the noughties as a private dwelling.
 The present incumbent Canon Stephen Cope and his predecessor Rev Nigel Stafford have resided in the Rectory at Holme on Spalding Moor.